Tabs

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Where there's a will.. there's also a price

Lately I've been thinking that some point this year, I really should get a new digital compact camera. Looks that I'll be starting a long time project which requires using camera almost everyday, or at least many times a week. I suddenly came across a problem that my current camera, just can't do it! Here's why: Autofocus, what's that? This camera focuses only once and gets stuck to it, so whenever it would need a re-focus, it's all blurry. It's also over 2 years old, and only 8.0 megapixels. Sure that could go as a basic starter for this project, but... no. I need new camera at some point anyway and now that this project is coming up.. cost and worth are very different things.

Right now I have Canon IXUS 80 IS (8.0) megapixels and this is the camera I've been checking out:

 

Canon IXUS 220 HS
12.1-megapixel sensor 
HDMI output
Full-HD video capture
Stainless steel body
5x optical zoom



 

Main reasons to get this specific camera, is that it's small, updated version of my current cam and over all, Full-HD video. Better picture quality is always welcome, but that should be rather obvious. Small, simple and answers to my needs. Now the biggest question would be, which color? Black or red? Black is always black, but I have to admit, I'm kinda in love with the red one. Should I?



Prices for these cams are between 185€ - 240€, so it's not the cheapest one but also affordable, especially for everyday use. Seems like a good way to go. With Canon, you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment