Tabs

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Not so happy ending, or is it?

Don't you just love technology when it serves you? And then you make one teeny tiny mistake and it just spits you right at your face and you feel like breaking something. Yes, I'm very familiar with that feeling. Especially since my Flashcard just got a heart attack, again.

How to react in this situation?

Step 1: Put the game down and eject your Flashcard.
Step 2: Take your Flashcard to other room and leave it there until you don't feel like ripping it into pieces. Destroy something else instead.
Step 3: RRRAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Take a glass of coke, beer or whatever that tastes good or knocks out your nervsystem, even tequila is allowed.
Step 4: Kick yourself for not copying your .sav files to your laptop.
Step 5: Think about Step 4 and go through your folders and spot .sav file from couple weeks back.
Step 6: Get your Flashcard, revive your .sav file and hope for the best.
Step 7: Jump around and scream for happiness because you just got almost all the data back, except the latest updates in your game, which you can easily get done again.
Step 8: Always copy your .sav files after doing bigger projects and especially if you decide to try out something new.
Step 9: Learn your lesson and never spam your blog with such an uninteresting happening that almost gave you a nervous breakdown.
Step 10: Play the game because it feels better than ever when you already lost it once. (Or in my case, probably three times so far).

Yes, I truly got on top of myself with this accident. Maybe after this, I actually remember to make copies of my .sav files. Especially since last time this happened, I supposingly learned my lesson, well at least somehow.

So kids, what did we learn today? Absolutely nothing!

To write about something else, I can proudly announce that I have recovered from shopaholism. I actually managed to order clothes, that I actually need! Oh yes. Year ago I was buying lots and lots of stuff, just because they looked nice and this year, what the hell am I doing with all that stuff? Dress I only weared once and probably it was the first and the last time? Bag that I so much wanted but I never got to use because I have perfectly working and good looking bag already? Shoes that cost me a fortune to get and I've already weared once because there is no events where I could use them and they kill my feet anyway?
So instead of spending my money to shop lots of stuff I "need" but that need is for only one time thing, I actually shop only the things I need everyday (or at least once in a month) and something I actually consider more than 10 seconds.

Turns out, letting your epic nerdy side out, instead of walking and talking like bitch across the street, might actually be good for your finances and health. About an year ago I got totally lost, I guess you could blame 20's identity crisis, but mostly it was just me being stupid enough to got sucked into this whole sparkly, ah so shallow, meaningless lifestyle. So girls, no need to be so slutty or swear into name of labels, you'll do just fine with "more boring" lifestyle, and after couple years you actually realize you have more in your life than any of those girls who spend many years just shopping and not doing anything with their lives.

So I guess today we learned two very important lessons. Be yourself, don't get sucked into bad lifestyle and always remember to make copies of your save files! What a cliché.

No comments:

Post a Comment